Snoring is not an ailment, but it is only a disproportion on the human body system. What it means is that it may be difficult but not an impossible task for you to cure snoring. If you are successful in doing that, then societal peace can be achieved, especially inside the bedroom. If you are really determined and will exert further efforts to the suggested home remedies below, it is not impossible to cure your snoring all by yourself. The process for these is simple.
Distinguish first the problem, ponder about it.Then, work on it everyday. Following this will award you a good outcome. And the days of disgraceful nights will come to an end. This may possibly happen earlier than you anticipated.
What causes snoring?
you need to know about the different causes of snoring in order for you to have an idea on what to do in order to stop it.
Snoring is caused by over relaxed throat muscles or has excess fat in your throat. One of the main causes of snoring is overeating before going to sleep. Eating causes your throat muscles to relax and therefore, will cause you to snore. Another cause of snoring is by drinking alcoholic beverages before you go to sleep. Drinking alcoholic beverages also causes your throat muscles to relax.
snoring is caused by your throat muscles. If the throat muscles are too relax when you are sleeping, or if it is full of fatty tissues, then the throat muscles will obstruct your airways. The air coming in and out of your airway will cause the relaxed muscles to vibrate and will cause the sound that you will call snoring.
How badly snoring can affect your life
1. Snoring will cause your social relationship with your sleeping partner to deteriorate and is also a sign that you have a serious medical condition.
2. Snoring can ruin your relationship with your spouse. It is a fact that some people in the United States have filed divorce cases on the grounds that their sleeping partner is always snoring.
3. Not only will snoring ruin your relationship with your sleeping partner, but it can be a sign that your body is malfunctioning. Studies have found that snoring is a sign that you have diabetes, you are obese, and you may also have undiagnosed serious heart condition.
4. You may not know it but studies suggest that snoring is a sign that you will have a higher chance of having cardiovascular disease, suffer from stroke and diabetes. Snoring may not really sound to be a serious problem but you have to consider that it is.
5. Aside from affecting you socially, it will also affect your health. If you snore, the chances of you getting a good night’s sleep are very slim. When you start snoring, you will wake up from deep sleep and will try to move in your bed in order to stop it. You may not know it but you actually wake up when you snore.
6. This will cause you to feel lightheaded when you wake up in the morning, and you will also feel very tired. As you know, sleep is supposed to relax you and upon waking up, you should feel refreshed. If you don’t feel refreshed, you didn’t get enough sleep because of snoring.
7. Even if you sleep about 8 hours a day or more, it will not be enough and you will feel very unrefreshed when you wake up in the morning. However, you don’t have to suffer from this very common condition. All you need is a little discipline and you will find that snoring has a cure.
8. Another complication of snoring is that aside from not letting your sleeping partner sleep soundly, you will also wake up and shift your bed position in order to stop snoring. You may not know it but snoring may wake you up from deep sleep. The human brain needs enough oxygen to function and also to prevent brain damage. Since snoring will obstruct your airway, your brain will go on full alert and wake your body up from deep sleep and make it shift to another sleeping position in order to open the blocked or partially blocked airway. You may not know that you wake up but your sleep-deprived sleeping partner will be a witness to the events that you will always wake up from your sleep and shift sleeping positions.
9. Snoring will result to lack of sleep, morning headaches, lightheadedness, and also irritability throughout the rest of your day.
Effective home remedies for snoring
1. Sleeping position
First, try to change your position in sleeping. Elevate the head of your bed by a few inches, or try to add some more pillows. This will lessen the jamming of the air passage in your throat muscle. Avoid sleeping on your back too; the tendency if you do this is to give more chances on the occurrence of snoring, the reason for this is the draw back of soft palate and tongue, thus, constricting the air passage.
2. Lifestyle check
Next, you can try to modify your lifestyle. Your present lifestyle may contribute in aggravating your snoring, for instance, excessive eating, excessive drinking of alcohol, and too much intake of cigarette.
Modifying lifestyle is what the doctors’ called “conservative therapy.” Truth is the doctors stated that this is the advisable primary step in curing snoring before attempting to use other harsh treatments.
3. Weight loss
Try to motivate yourself to conduct a regular physical exercise to lessen your weight. Avoid excessive intake of alcohol and cigarettes, the effect of not preventing both of these will add to the obstruction to the airway. Likewise, avoid excessive intake of sleeping pills and tranquilizers, these medicines also worsen snoring.
4. OTC home remedies
If you will also notice, some of the medicines that are being offered in the drugstore can be classified as home remedies. Examples of these are the nasal strips, nose sprays, and anti-snoring pills. The ingredients contained by these medicines are basically herbs, and plant enzymes, these can manage the swelling of nose and throat tissues. Additionally, these offset snoring by evening the airflow.
Generally, a home remedy is almost alike to the drug free medication. The procedures of such prescriptions are founded in the inventions’ experience.
There is the drug free snoring “mandibular advancement splint” for instance; the function of this is to maintain your jaw in a pressed onward position. This helps to widen the air passage, and according to the report this helps in more than 80 percent in impeding snoring cases.
5. Eating habit before sleeping
So, in order to stop snoring, you have to stop eating excessively before going to sleep and also stop drinking alcoholic beverages or stop drinking “night caps” before you go to sleep. Smoking before going to sleep also causes the throat muscles to relax therefore, it is wise to abstain yourself from smoking before you go to sleep in order to stop snoring.
Summarizing quick home remedies for snoring:
- Stop smoking – Smoking before going to bed causes your throat muscles to relax.
- Stop drinking alcoholic beverages – As with smoking it will also cause your throat muscles to relax.
- Stop eating heavy meals before bedtime – It will also cause your throat muscles to relax.
- Stop taking sedatives – Also relaxes your throat muscles.
- Sleep on your side – Light to moderate snorers will be more silent when sleeping on their side.
- Get rid of large pillows – It’s comfortable but it’s a snore contributor.
- Raise your bed – Elevating your bed from the upper torso will stop snoring. Get an old book and elevate the legs of the head of the bed with it.